Employer: Sorrisniva AS
Stillings tittel: Igloo hotel worker
Form of employment: 100% project
Period: 15 November to 19 December
Workplace: Alta - Sorrisniva, Finnmark
Come and work with us during our busiest season - the Arctic winter season and the construction of this year's ice hotel!
You'll be part of a dedicated team and create memorable experiences for guests from all over the world. Sorrisniva AS is a year-round adventure company located on the banks of the Alta River, just outside the center of Alta. The company is based on local traditions and values. Our Arctic Wilderness Lodge is open all year round with 24 suites and the restaurant Maku.
In November every year we build an ice hotel. This winter, ice hotel no. 25 is being built with us in Sorrisniva. Sorrisniva AS is currently looking for employees who want to help build ice hotels together with our experienced builders, and employees to decorate the interior with art in ice and snow together with our experienced artists.
Experience from the construction of ice hotels is not so widespread, we are therefore looking for someone who has experience or education from construction or crafts. For decoration in ice and snow, experience with the material is an advantage, but not a requirement. If you are creative and enjoy working with design and art, you are also welcome to apply! You should have an interest in learning new things, and like working in a team.
The construction period is short and hectic, we are therefore looking for a person who is flexible and has good cooperation skills. You will be part of our construction team of approx. 20 people.
Our construction team is a great group with different skills and experiences, some have been with us for all 25 years and others have shorter work experience here with us. All work takes place outdoors and with a lot of physical activity.
- Assemble and dismantle the molds we use for the construction of ice hotels
- Transportation of equipment and tools
- Lots of varied tasks outdoors
- Decorating ice and snow
- Experience or education in crafts
- Experience or education in the arts
- English spoken and written, is a minimum
- Few requirements for qualifications, this looks exciting - feel free to call for questions
- Positive and extrovert
- Flexible in relation to work tasks
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace with varied tasks
- An exciting and challenging position
- Good opportunities for professional and personal development
- A good working environment
- Good terms
- A workplace with a unique location by the Alta river - one of the world's most famous salmon rivers, with both midnight sun and northern lights.
If you have any questions about the work, you are welcome to contact Kine before submitting an application. Lodge Manager, Kine Ludvigsen can be contacted on tel. +4799464687 or by email email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you, and we process applications continuously.
Application deadline as soon as possible and no later than 30 September. Send your application and CV to: Lodge Manager, Kine Mariel Ludvigsen: firstname.lastname@example.org