Employer: Sorrisniva AS
Job title: Chef
Employment form: 100 % seasonal position
Period: 1st of December and until Mid-April (or closer agreement)
Workplace: Alta - Sorrisniva, Finnmark
Come and work with us during our busiest season – the arctic winter season. You will be part of a dedicated team and give memorable experiences to guests from all over the world.
Sorrisniva AS is a year-round adventure company located on the banks of the Alta River, just outside the center of Alta. The company is built on local traditions and values. Our Arctic Wilderness Lodge is open all year round with 24 suites and Maku restaurant. In winter, we also have an ice hotel and an a la carte restaurant. Sorrisniva offers many exciting activities throughout the year. In addition to the restaurant in the evening, we serve breakfast and lunch, we hold parties and have meeting activities.
Sorrisniva AS is currently seeking full-time chefs for the winter season.
Sorrisniva delivers high quality food and a fine dining kitchen. You will be part of a young and dedicated team of chefs who create memorable food experiences every day.
You need to be a dedicated foodie, experienced, and eager to both adapt to our kitchen but also be able to impact and share of your experience. Good service towards your team and towards our guests is one of the most important assets you will have while working with us.
Chefs reports to the immediate manager, who is the Kitchen Manager. The position involves day shifts, evenings, and weekends.
· All shifts breakfast, lunch and dinner are important
· Being mindful to allergies and special requests
· You will be working in Maku restaurant or Lavvu restaurant, fine dining menu or a la carte
· Preparation, cooking and cleaning of the kitchen
· Help where needed, keep an eye on the whole, and ensure the quality of the guest experience
· Relevant education
· Have good experience from working in a kitchen
· Genuine interest in delivering a great food experience
· Preferably professional certificate as a chef
· Good language skills. English, spoken and written, is a minimum.
· Good communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to work at a fast pace and with varied tasks
· Good induction and training upon employment
· An exciting and challenging position in Sorrisniva
· Good opportunities for professional and personal development
· A good working environment
· Working in a unique workplace, the location by the Altaelva - one of the world's most famous salmon rivers, with both the midnight sun and the northern lights
Application deadline as soon as possible and by 30th of September.
Send an application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org